Types of Passport Application

1.  Passport Requirements for Adult New Applicants

2.  Replacement of Lost Passport

3.  Change of Surname of Passport

4.  Extension of Validity of Passport

5.  First Time Applicant

6.  Applicable Fees

7.  Downloadable Forms

Types of Passport Application
1.   Passport Requirements for Adult New Applicants


  • Personal Appearance
  • Accomplished Application Form (click here for Blank Application Form)
  • Original copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Authenticated Birth Certificate on Security Paper

Married Females (who are using their spouse's last name) must also submit Original copy of PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract on Security Paper or Report of Marriage

  1. Any Valid IDs with one (1) photocopy

* Additional requirements may be required. Please refer to the section below for additional requirements for Adult New Applications



  In addition to the core requirements, the following supporting documents will be further required in the following cases:

-In case of Late Registered Birth Certificate:

  • If Birth Certificate was registered at least ten (10) years ago, application will be treated as a regular application, and no additional supporting documents will be required
  • If Birth Certificate was registered less than ten (10) years ago, applicant must submit IDs that pre-date the late registration
  • If applicant has no ID's that pre-date the late registered Birth certificate, applicant must produce current IDs and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance

- In case applicant has NO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth:

  • If applicant is born AFTER 1950 - applicant must first file for late registration with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Consular Office with jurisdiction over the place where applicant was born. Applicant will then submit the original copy of the PSA authenticated late registered Birth Certificate with the requisite supporting documents and IDs that pre-date the late registration
  • If applicant is born ON OR BEFORE 1950 - applicant must submit original copies of PSA Authenticated Certificate of No Birth Record and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity of the applicant.

- If an Applicant's marriage has been dissolved and wants to revert to her maiden surname:

  • Applicant must submit original copy of the annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (MC) or Report of Marriage (ROM) stating that the marriage has been dissolved; OR
  • Alternatively, if annotated MC or ROM from PSA is not yet available, applicant must submit a Certified True Copy of the Court Order dissolving the marriage and a certificate of Finality from the court.

-If applicant has lacking data in Birth Certificate or Report of Birth

  • Applicant must submit proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR)

-If applicant has discrepancy in data in Birth Certificate/Report of Birth and other documents

If the discrepant data is in the BC, the applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry. If the discrepant data is in the other documents, hte BC will be followed.

  • Discrepancy in first name - Applicant must submit a copy of the petition and supporting documents for correction of first name filed with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or consulate
  • Discrepancy in other data - Applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry

- If applicant is a Dual Citizen

  • Original PSA authenticated Birth Certificate/Report of Birth and Original Identification Certificate issued by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) or the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and a photocopy
  • Government issued IDs (Philippine or from country of second citizenship

- If applicant is a Naturalized Filipino Citizen

  • Identification Certificate of Naturalization from BI

-If applicant obtained Filipino citizenship by Election

  • Affidavit of Election of Philippine Citizenship
  • Identification Certificate of Election from BI

-If applicant has been granted citizenship by Act of Legislation

  • Certified true copy of the law granting citizenship
  • Foreign Birth Certificate authenticated by Philippine FSP
  Please click the link to view e-Passport  requirements. 

  back to top

2.   Replacement of Lost Passport
  Please click the link to view e-Passport  requirements. 

  back to top

3.  Change of Surname of Passport
  1. In addition to the requirements for Renewal of Passport, the following documentary requirements must be submitted by a female applicant wishing to change her maiden surname to her married name: a. For a marriage solemnized in the Philippines - submit the original/certified true copy and a photocopy of marriage certificate authenticated by the DFA. b. For a marriage solemnized outside of the Philippines and celebrated within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy (i.e. in Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan), the following must be submitted: 
    a) Duly accomplished Embassy Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form;
    b) Original and photocopy of marriage certificate attested by the MFA (translated into English); 
    c) Passport copy of husband and wife;
    d) Certificate of No Record of Marriage (CENOMAR) or "SINGLENESS from NSO attested by the DFA.
    e) Additional document if, for delayed registration.

back to top

  2. For female applicants wishing to revert to the use of their maiden names: 
    a. For widowed applicants - PSA - issued and a photocopy of death certificate of husband or PSA issued marriage certificate with annotation on court decree on presumptive death. 
    b. For annulled marriages - PSA issued and photocopy of annotated Marriage Contract or Certificate of Registration and certified true copy of Court Order.
    c. For divorced applicants (allowed only in cases where the non-Filipino spouse acted as the plaintiff; and not allowed when both parties are Filipino citizens at the time of the divorce), submit the original copy and a photocopy of the Judicial Recognition by the Philippine Court of the Divorce Decree. In all the foregoing cases, the female applicant must accomplish a Sworn Declaration to Revert to Maiden Surname. A sample form of this Affidavit can be downloaded in the Consular Services category. 
  Any questions? contact us 

  back to top

4.   Extension of Validity of Passport
  a) Duly accomplished Embassy Request for Revalidation/Extension of Validity of Passport form; 
  b) Personal Appearance of the applicant is required;
  c) Passport copy of the applicant and one (1) photograph, (2x2 or passport size)

  back to top

5.   First-Time Applicants
  1.  The Personal Appearance of the first-time applicant is required. 
  2.  In addition to requirements (1) and (4) for Renewal of Passports, the applicant must also submit the original/certified true copy and a photocopy of Birth Certificate from the PSA in Manila, or if not available, substitute the following (a, b, and c):  a. Original/certified true copy of non-availability of birth certificate from the PSA in Manila. b. Original/certified true copy of baptismal certificate or any other acceptable public documents. c. Joint birth affidavit by two disinterested persons. 
  3.  For persons born in Pakistan of Filipino parent(s), in addition to requirements (1) and (4) for Renewal of Passports, the birth should first be registered with the Consulate by submitting the Report of Birth Form (downloadable form under Civil Registration) if the birth occurred in Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Detailed information on the requirements and procedure for reporting births can be obtained in the Civil Registration sectin in this site. the following must be submitted: 
  Any questions? Contact Us 

  back to top

6.   Applications by Mail
  Passport application by mail is NOT accepted.  Personal appearance is required for all passport applications. 

 back to top

7.   Applicable Fees
  The modes of payment that are accepted by the Embassy are those made in cash. 
  Personal checks, personal money orders, ATMs or credit cards are not accepted as modes of payment.  Any questions?  contact us.

Effective 01 May 2023

$60.00 / Rs. 18,000.00
New or renewal of passport fee

$25.00 / Rs. 7,500.00
Notarial fee

$150.00 / Rs. 45,000.00
Replacement of lost electronic passport (ePassport) fee

$25.00 / Rs. 7,500.00
Registration of Marriage, Birth 
& Adoption fee

$30.00 / Rs. 9,000.00
Travel Document fee

Philippine Embassy Islamabad require the applicants to provide a registered stamped self-addressed envelope, such as the TCS, Leopard, DHL and OCS with a tracking number. This will enable us to mail your passports or notarized documents to you once they become available. Payment for all consular services are still made with cash. Requirements for consular services will be strictly followed.


  back to top  

You can get pertinent information on procedures and requirements, as well as download the forms for each type of service you require.  If your particular query is not covered in this section, please feel free to write us at islamabad.pe@dfa.gov.ph or isdpe@isb.comsats.net.pk for general questions.  For specific questions on any of the services please go to our Contact Us page for particulars to that Department.

|Home|About Us|About the Philippines|Forms|Services|Links|Contact Us|

Đ Designed & Developed
By: Billy S. Aguilar
All Rights Reserved 2015